Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Syrup

So fall is here and I'm excited! A student brought me a Pumpkin Spice Latte last week, and then Annie of Annie's Eats posted a recipe for a DIY Syrup to add to your coffee at home! Cha-Ching! So I decided I had to make it as soon as I had a spare moment. (Ha - that was a joke, get it?) In case you don't live in Miami, this past weekend, the weather was awful. So I spent the weekend at home, doing - you guessed it - nada. So I was itching to get out and do something, and when Monday rolled around, I thought this was perfect. So I flitted over to the grocery store, bought everything I needed, and went to grab the pumpkin (in a can). GASP! They didn't have it. No need to fret - I stopped at another store on my way home from work today and they had it (so I definitely stocked up!).
As a result, I made this deliciousness. I even drank coffee after my dinner (which means I might be up until very late tonight) just so I could taste it.  I think this would also be good drizzled over ice cream, in tea, and countless other things.  If you find another use for it, definitely comment below - I'd love to hear what uses you have found for it! The recipe makes about half of the bottle that I filled, but I made 2 batches so I could take some to work tomorrow.

And now, without further ado - Spiced Pumpkin Syrup. :)


Spiced Pumpkin Syrup






Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 tbsp pumpkin puree

Directions
Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Toss in the cinnamon sticks and whisk in the remaining spices and the pumpkin puree. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, without letting the mixture come to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer and store in your container of choice. Store the container in the refrigerator.

Stir a few tablespoons into coffee or drizzle over dessert of choice.

Enjoy!

Xoxo,

Jen

Recipe from  Annie's Eats.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. making itt!!! i have a sad obsession with anything and everything pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete