Thursday, October 13, 2011

Roast Pork Loin

A couple Sundays ago, my hubby and I invited his parents over. Whenever we have anyone over, I go into hyperdrive and freak out because I want my food to be perfect. This time was no different.We bought a pork loin and I decided to alter a recipe I had already tried once before.  Pork can turn out very dry if it isn't done right, so I am always scared of making it. However, this recipe manages to always turn out perfectly. The last time I made it, I seasoned it right before putting the roast in the over, but this times, I sealed it and marinated for about 4 hours. the result was a juicy, savory, and leftover-worthy pork roast. I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as we did!

Roast Pork Loin


Ingredients
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon rosemary, plus several whole sprigs
juice from 1/2 a lemon
salt & pepper to taste
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Crush garlic with rosemary, lemon, salt, and pepper, making a paste.
3. Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places (I make pretty deep cuts along the length of the roast) and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
4. Place pork loin in the oven, turning and basting with pan liquids. About 45 minutes through, pour in the white wine and stir to loosen the bits of food on the bottom.  Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve with pan juices.  and garnish with rosemary sprigs.

Enjoy!

Xoxo,

Jen

1 comment: