Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Little Something for Teachers

So I know teachers are always trying to find free stuff that they can use in their classrooms. At least, I know I am.  I'm going to try and feature some of the more useful things I have found or created on here  While teaching Expository Writing, I always have my students create a "Main Idea Table."  The table top is the topic sentence, and the table always has 3 legs.  Each leg is a supporting detail for the topic, and a rug at the foot of the table keeps the conclusion. This year, I decided to create a worksheet to help my students out. I've shared it with the teachers at work already, and I thought it would be nice to share it with you, my readers - especially those of you who are teachers.

I couldn't figure out how to load it onto here as a PDF, so I am loading it as a jpeg. It should print just as well.  You can also use this right on a SmartBoard or Promethean Board, and I think it's pretty adaptable for many grade levels. I use it in 7th and 8th grades for writing full 5-paragraph essays, but it can also be used for writing paragraphs. :)


Enjoy!

Xoxo, 

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment