Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to School?



No recipe today, folks. But I do have an announcement - I'm going back to school! Since I don't have NEARLY enough to do with my time, I decided I'm going back to expand my brain a little more. I've been thinking about school for a while, but was a little reluctant because I hadn't found a program that really interested me or that was convenient for me. I already have my Masters Degree in Special Education, and I KNEW  did NOT want to go back for a Doctorate (Sorry Mom, I'm just not THAT ambitious).

I recently discovered a program that is convenient and worth my while. It's an Autism Endorsement program, which adds an additional certification to my teaching license. 4 classes, 1 year, meets once a week. I'm in the process of applying (and struggling to get my 2 former school to provide me with everything I need - so frustrating), and I can actually say I am looking forward to this. Our school's population of children who are diagnosed with Autism has continued to grow, just like in the rest of the world. I think this will be a great thing to have under my belt and will really help me to better cope with all my students. :)

So come January, I will HOPEFULLY be a student once again (and no, I'm NOT a masochist).

Xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment