Monday, May 2, 2011

Teriyaki Salmon with Mushrooms

I'm happy that my computer is back up and running. I have a few things going on and the month of May is a crazy month in the world of teachers, but I promise that I will try and update as often as possible.  
Before I begin with the recipe - here's a photo I wanted to share of a friend of mine.  Her name is Jenna, and she came over this weekend and made Guava Dip.  It was absolutely delicious, and she wanted to be sure that I posted her photo on the blog!  That is probably her favorite recipe and she goes crazy every time I make it! ;) I'm really excited that so many of my friends like the blog and follow it! I hope I can continue to make you guys happy and keep you as readers!




So today's recipe comes from a Cooking Light cookbook, and to be totally honest, every recipe I have made from here has been absolutely phenomenal. They are light, and really quick to make.  This one in particular was really fast. There's not a whole lot to say about it. I love seafood - all kinds, in almost any way, shape, or form. So I had this recipe tagged to try, and I'm very glad that I did! 


Teriyaki Salmon with Mushrooms






Ingredients 

1/8 cup red cooking wine
1/8 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 oz presliced baby portobello mushrooms
2 skinless salmon fillets (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)


Combine wine, teriyaki sauce, and brown sugar in a small bowl; stir to dissolve sugar. 
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, and saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add 1/3 of the teriyaki mixture to mushrooms. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon mushroom mixture into a bowl; set aside. 

Heat pan over medium-high heat; add fillets. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned on all sides. Add mushrooms and remaining teriyaki mixture into the pan; cook 2 minutes. Transfer fillets to a serving platter, and top with sauce and mushrooms. Yield: 2 servings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment