Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Black Truffle Steak and Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I'm sorry I haven't been posting - work has been absolutely nuts and our social calendar has been nonstop as well. I'm hoping to catch up in the next few days - I have SEVERAL recipes I want to share with you all. :)

So let me preface this by saying how much I love sweet potatoes. I can eat them all the time and in many different forms. I just think they are so tasty and filling. Today's post comes with help from my assistant chef, my hubby Eddie. :) I am definitely not a grill master, and honestly, the grill kind of scares me, so I let him take care of that when the time comes for it.

This meal was delicious. The steak was juicy and tender, and since we only seasoned it with Kosher salt and pepper, you could really taste the great cut of meat.  I garnished it with a dash of Black Truffle Salt and it added a tiny hint of truffle flavor. It was oh-so-good.

I'll let the dish speak for itself, although pictures don't really do it justice.


Black Truffle Steak and Baked Sweet Potato Fries




Ingredients

16 oz New York Strip (or other read meat) divided (YES, we eat big portions of steak... you can adjust to whatever you want to eat)
Kosher salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
1 tsp black truffle salt (optional) Available Here

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin fries
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp black truffle salt

Instructions


For the fries, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix sweet potato, olive oil,  Kosher salt and pepper.  Spread evenly in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, then flip fries over. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fries begin to brown on the edges.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with black truffle salt.

For the steaks, while the fries are in the oven, preheat your grill.  Season steak pieces with Kosher salt and pepper.  Over medium-high heat, grill steaks for 7 minutes on one side, then turn and grill for 5 minutes on the other (for a Medium steak), or until desired done-ness. How long you cook it also depends on the thickness of the steaks. Remove from the flame, sprinkle with a dash of Truffle salt, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Esoooo se ve waaaay too goood!!!! I love sweet potates myself.
    Guess im gonna rush to the supermarket, this recipe is too tempting!!!
    Muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! :) Tu primo me ayudo con este! ;)

    ReplyDelete