Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bargain Blast: Nordstrom Rack

I asked on FB for some topics that people would be interested in reading, and I got some great responses.  The one that fits my blog most aptly would have to be one submitted by my friend and co-worker, Melanie.

 "How about (blogging about) places people can get good bargains when trying to stay fashionable in this economy?"


So I decided to do a kind of series on some of the places where I like to shop. I'm going to try and post at least one place per week, with some of the reasons why I love that particular place so much.  I am a huge bargain hunter, and I HATE (I mean really DESPISE) paying full price for anything, especially knowing that there are so many places that offer bargains on great pieces.  The first Bargain Blast store is....


If you like designer labels, this is the place to go. They always have a great selection, and if you search properly, you can find some major gems. I've come out of there with a Michael Kors purse for less than $100, and I have seen Kate Spade bags for under $150 several times. There are items you wouldn't want to skimp on, and at those times, this is a great place to go. I've tried on Diane VonFurstenberg dresses (didn't purchase because they didn't have my size :/ ), and have actually purchased more than one Calvin Klein dress for under $50 (talk about something you can wear forever). Not to mention they carry a lot of tops for under $20 - at a much better quality than what you might find elsewhere. I've spotted Burberry coats in several sizes, and they almost ALWAYS carry Seven Jeans or True Religion Jeans.

For men, they carry TailorByrd shirts, which my husband loves. They retail for about $110 in Nordstrom stores, but at the Rack, they are about $50 - $60. Can't go wrong for a nice, modern dress shirt. The colors are always nice and bright, and I love seeing my hubby in these very well-made shirts.




Great accessories from Betsey Johnson, watches from several different designers, hair accessories for under $5, and all other kinds of jewelry for really really great prices occupy one corner of the store. And near the register are a couple of stands of beauty supplies, carrying Stila, Smashbox, and Neutrogena products, as well as a few others.






But by far, what has me more than smitten with Nordstrom Rack is their designer shoe department. I have at least 5 pairs of shoes that I have purchased in their regular shoe department (prices range from $40 - $80, which is VERY good). Back to designer section - But back in May, I found a gorgeous pair of gold Jimmy Choo slingback, peep-toe heels. They were $300. So I practiced self-control and left them there. A week later, I was still dreaming of the shoes, and when my hubby went back to buy some jeans, he picked them up for me, and this time, they were 50% off!!!! So they only cost $150. Steep for shoes, but not for Jimmy Choos. After doing some research, I realized that those shoes retailed for $800. Definitely a steal.

The Jimmy Choos I got for $150!

Wearing my Jimmys in Philly... The gold clutch was $10 at Bijoux Terner. 


So there you have it - the first Bargain Blast.  Nordstrom Rack, a great place for almost anything!

Coming up next time...  DSW.

Until next time!

Xoxo,

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment