Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pink & Popular

This recipe might actually be the easiest thing you ever prepare - I say prepare because there is not a second of cooking involved. Literally.  I always keep the ingredients for this on hand in case people invite us somewhere at the last minute.   And in trying to keep with a Valentine's theme, this is a pink little dish.  If you have a Valentine's party this weekend (or an "I Hate Valentine's Day" party) - this is a great option. But then again, it's great for anytime!

If you have ever tasted a Cuban pastelito de guayaba y queso and enjoyed it, you will LOVE this. And if you haven't had the aforementioned treat or haven't enjoyed it when you did have it, you will hopefully like this anyway. 

I decided to make this because this is the dish that when people tell me they are having a party or get-together, I ask, "What would you like for me to bring?" 8 out of 10 times, without hesitation, the response is, "Guava dip!"  I think it is so funny, because it is the simplest thing to make, but it is a real crowd pleaser. Everyone loves cream cheese, and while some people may not like guava, I promise that they at least will not spit this out. I always serve it with Tostitos Scoops - I find that the difference between the sweet flavor of the dip and the salty chips goes very nicely. Plus, people get to scoop out a good amount, which they always like. ;)


So here's another pink recipe, one that you can keep in your back pocket for emergencies.  


Guava Dip

Ingredients
1 12 oz tub of whipped cream cheese
1 16 oz jar of guava marmalade
1 bag Tostitos Scoops or desired crackers

Your starring ingredients!
Directions
In a large bowl, empty the contents of the cream cheese jar. 
Use a mixer to smooth out the cream cheese. 
Gradually add in the guava marmalade, mixing the whole time.
Mix until both ingredients are totally incorporated. 
Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, until the dip firms up.  
Remove from refrigerator, serve with chips or crackers. 
Enjoy!

*See, I told you it was easy!

xoxo, 
Jen

4 comments:

  1. love love love this dip!! (Jenise, you know im obssessed!) SOO good! This is my favorite thing Jenise makes, if you have never had this before, try her recipe, its declicious :) love you Jenise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thank you Jenna. Love you too! Now you can make it whenever you want! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Delicious!!! I might have to make this today!! ;) But I don't call it the "guava dip"....I call it the "Jenise Dip"! :) xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. It's also good as a spread - like on bagels or English muffins. ;)

    ReplyDelete