Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pan-Fried Shrimp

I have a massive backlog of recipes and photos, and everytime I upload pictures, I kind of get stressed out that I haven't posted about them. lol
My goal is to upload as many things as possible this week - unless it turns out to be a crazy week again. :/  I really have been keeping busy in the kitchen and I have so much great stuff to share with you guys, but it feels like my days don't have enough hours in them. I'm counting down the days until my spring break. lol

This meal was really tasty. I made these shrimp with the veggie stir fry from my last post, and they were delicious. They were also fairly easy to make. I used pre-peeled shrimp, so it made my work that much quicker. :)

Pan-Fried Shrimp




Ingredients

1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 lb shrimp - peeled & deveined
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 large egg, beaten
2 tsp water
2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions
Combine the panko and cilantro in a shallow dish. 
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt & pepper. Combine the egg and water in another shallow dish. Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko and cilantro mixture until covered. Place in a single layer on a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp, egg, and crumbs. 
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes on each side (or until done). Drain shrimp on a paper towel and serve. 


Recipe adapted from:  Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment