Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vegetable Stir Fry

So I've gotten into the habit of writing these during my lunch break and I always end up craving whatever it is that I'm posting about. lol
This is something I've made a couple times and I'm always really happy with it.  The good thing about this dish is that I can make it as a side, like I did in the photos below, or I can add meat, chicken, shrimp, anything, really - and it is my full meal.
For the vegetables, I usually use a pre-mixed stir-fry bag... especially when it's a last-minute decision on making this for dinner. Most of the time, I prefer my fresh farmer's market veggies, but this is an exception.

Regardless of what you use, the end result is delicious.

Vegetable Stir Fry






Ingredients
1 bag stir fry vegetable mix (you can also use fresh, if you prefer)
1tbsp plum sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1tsp soy sauce
1 tsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 garlic clove, minced

Instructions
Heat wok on medium-high heat & coat with nonstick cooking spray.  Place garlic and vegetables in wok. Pour in teriyaki, soy, sesame, and plum sauce. Stir in ginger. Sear for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.

If you are adding meat, poultry, or seafood, sear it first until it is almost cooked through before adding the vegetables.

Serve and enjoy. :)

XoXo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment