Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Bean Dip

Here is a delicious dip that will not make you feel guilty for scarfing down a bag of greasy chips and a tub of sour cream and onion dip at the beach (whilst wearing a bikini, no less).  I first tried this as a store-bought dip, from Costco.  I basically devoured a tub of it and tried to figure out what the heck it contained while I was wolfing it down. I ended up finding the recipe online (don't kill me but I have absolutely no idea where) and decided to make it for Cinco de Mayo. It was a hit, and I've made it a few times since then. :)
It's always a great dip to take to a summer get-together and like I said, you don't feel guilty if you eat too much of it (I can't say the same for the chips).  You can alter it in a few ways to your personal preference, and it is another cook-free recipe - just mix, refrigerate, and serve. I'm pretty sure it would also make a delicious topping for fish, tacos, on a salad, etc.


Summer Bean Dip







Ingredients

1 15.5 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.5 oz can of yellow corn, drained and rinsed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red tomato, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup packed cilantro, chopped
1/2 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced

Directions


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment