Friday, February 3, 2012

Better than a Bedtime Story...


A couple of years back, I started drinking a lot of tea. I love tea, because I don't have to add much to it. I have tried teas in as many flavors as I can find (some I have liked, others I've loved, and others - well, let's just say I won't be trying again). I've also read that tea has many health benefits. I'm not going to get into that, but I do know that I feel better when I drink tea than when I drink loads of coffee, especially since I don't add milk or sugar or anything like that to it. It's great for helping me digest my food, and since it has to be drunk slowly, actually makes me stop, relax, and enjoy it. 

Moving on... in the last few years, as dress levels have risen, workloads have gotten heavier, and life in general has happened, I had a hard time sleeping soundly. That has never been a problem for me, but apparently something triggered it.  Someone suggested Tilo (which every good Cuban has in their cupboard), but I had tried it before and wasn't a fan. So I started shopping around, trying different things. One thing that helped was eating earlier. But then I came across Celestial Seasonings and their Sleepytime Teas.  They have several different flavors, including one that is great for when you have a sore throat. 

Hubby and I have a new evening ritual. We boil some water, steep some tea bags, add in a little honey, and drink our tea slowly and calmly before heading to bed. By the time we crawl under the covers, we are relaxed, sleepy, and pushing everything out of our minds. The nights that we do this, we sleep soundly and we sleep all night, without tossing and turning and waking up every hour.  

So if you usually have trouble sleeping, give this a try! Hopefully it will help you as much as it has helped me!

Xoxo, 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment