Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall Nail Trend - Going Green

So yes, another post about nails... I couldn't resist blogging about this one.

I was watching the Today Show a few weeks ago, and they were discussing the colors that would be hot for fall. They highlighted a new Chanel nail polish, a limited-edition goldish-green color called Peridot. You can find it here. The following day I picked it up at the mall.  While I would not usually spend more than $8 - $10 on a nail polish, I absolutely loved this greenish gold color. I figured that since I don't spend money on a weekly manicure, the $25 wouldn't be a complete travesty (plus, it was my birthday, and I was indulging).

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour - Peridot


Since then, I have seen it in every single fashion magazine and advertised in several other places. So yesterday I painted my nails with the new color, even though we are still suffering the blazing heat of summer and I have been attracted to all my pretty brights for the last few months. I love the color - I think it so different, so unique, and looks very fresh - a nice change from the usually dark, vampy fall colors (even though I still love those).  I did two coats and the color looks gorgeous.  For my topcoat, I used this CND Air Dry, which is a Fast Set top coat. My nails were dry in five minutes flat. I picked the nail polish up at Ulta.



One warning - I was looking at several other pictures online (Google images - Search "Chanel Peridot nail color) of women's nails with this color.  The ones with short nails - it looked great. On long nails, not so much. It turns a little "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-ish. So file 'em down, unless you want to go for a creepy, witchy look. Just saying.

Till next time...

Xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment