Friday, August 12, 2011

Pantsed!

Last weekend I went shopping for back-to-school (Yes, teachers get to do this, too), and I automatically went to my favorite store, New York & Company.  I love clothes, but going to clothing stores is sometimes overwhelming for me. I want to look stylish and nice, but I do NOT want to spend $100 on a shirt. This place gives me the clothes I want, at a great price and great quality. And when you find somewhere that the clothes fits, wear it!

I remember being younger and getting mad at my mom for making me buy a sweater in the store when it was Lerner NY. I told her, "That's an old lady store, and I will NOT buy clothes from there. That's dorky."  Give me a break, I was in my early teens. How annoying.

Years later, when I started working and actually had to pay for my own clothes, I refused to pay $80 for a pair of cropped pants at Express. I mean, who were they kidding? I also wasn't happy with the fit. So after some mental kicking and screaming, I decided to try New York & Company. Lo and behold, the pants actually fit the way I wanted them too. And ten years later, the clothes didn't seem quite so "old-lady-ish".  Their selection was also way more stylish than I remembered.

While I'd love to be that "uber-trendy" girl, my job calls for something a little more low-key, a little more classic. Plus, as I've gotten older, I've realized that not every silhouette looks good on me.  So I go with what works - a classic cut and shapes, and I accessorize to make it modern. I wouldn't say I'm the best-dressed person in town, but I also don't think I dress poorly. But I guess I'm not the one to judge that, am I? ;)

Anyway, I went shopping for back to school with a coupon for $70 off my purchase of $150 or more in hand (yes, crazy right?).  They also have a huge pant sale going on right now.  Buy one pair of pants full price (their pants average $40 - $60), get the other for $10! That means you can buy two pairs of dress pants for under $75. They also have some gorgeous tops now for fall, in pretty colors and patterns. My personal favorite? A teal tie bow blouse - reminiscent of the ones seen in Banana Republic's "Mad Men" Collection.  Get the New York & Company version here.  I know it will also transition into fall/Miami winter nicely with a blazer over it and a pair of boots.




One of the pairs of cropped pants I acquired. 


Another great thing, teachers get 15% off in stores, year round... If you're a teacher, sign up here.

Happy Shopping!

Xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment