Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rack of Lamb Anyone?

So this past weekend, Eddie (that's my one and only) went to Costco and called me to find out what we needed. I rattled off the usual list and we hung up. He called me back to ask, "Do you like lamb?" I said yes, although I've never made lamb before. "Ok thanks. Bye!"
And he came home with a Frenched rack of lamb.
Great.

Last night he asked me to make it, and since I had not planned on making it, had to find a recipe that didn't call for the lamb to be marinated for several hours before cooking.
Well the one I found was fairly simple, quicker than I'd ever imagined, and tasted absolutely amazing.

So I guess this will be the first recipe I share on here.

Roasted Rack of Lamb


(Pardon the poor-ish quality of the picture -
I took it with my phone, since my camera was not on hand.)




Ingredients
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp dried or fresh rosemary
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil

1 rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard


Directions
Preheat the over to 450 degrees. Move oven rack to center position.

In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and 2 Tbsp olive oil.  Mix well and set aside.

Season the rack all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for 1-2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes.  Brush rack of lamb with the mustard, then roll in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent from charring.

Arrange the rack bone side down in the skillet. Roast the lamb in the oven for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on how well you would like it to be cooked.
Carve between the ribs and serve.

Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment