Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Pink Twist on a Weekend Favorite...

So Eddie & I just finished devouring this and thought I needed to share right away. I was cleaning out magazines, which I do a couple times a year, because they start stacking up.  However, before tossing them, I always tear out recipes I'd like to try.  I came across this one from Everyday with Rachael Ray and tore it out, but since we still hadn't had lunch, I decided to make it for today's lunch... after all, it is pink!  I love gourmet burgers, so I definitely thought this was deeee-lish.

I didn't have all the ingredients listed, so I substituted and did a few things differently. All those changes are included in my post (for the original recipe you can click the link at the bottom of the post).

The recipe was fairly simple, and I halved everything in the original recipe, since I'm only cooking for two.  What I like about it is that you can really add things as you like... you can top them with onions, spinach, anything really. I opted for Baby Bella mushrooms because I had them on hand and didn't want them to go bad. :)

Open-Face Salmon Burgers with Honey Mustard





Ingredients
3 Tbsp whole grain mustard (regular deli mustard will do as well)
3 Tbsp honey
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
2  6 oz skinless salmon filets, cut into cubes
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Softened butter, for spreading
1 English muffin, split and toasted
2 Tbsp feta cheese, for topping

Directions


In a small bowl, stir together mustard and honey.

Using a food processor, pulse the salmon to finely chop. Place salmon in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 Tbsp of the honey mustard mixture, the parsley, Old Bay seasoning, and lemon zest. Mix well and form 2 large burgers.

In a non-stick skillet or griddle, add the burgers and mushrooms and cook, turning the burgers once, over medium-high heat. Cook 6 minutes for medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-well.

Lightly butter the English muffins. Top each muffin half with the salmon burgers, mushrooms, remaining honey-mustard sauce, and feta cheese.


Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray - 30 Minute Meals

Enjoy!

Xoxo, 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment