Friday, February 25, 2011

Sorry, sorry!!!

I have neglected you all this week, and I'm so sorry! It was a busy week, and I really only cooked on Tuesday (and I did post that meal). Last night I was all alone as Eddie was in Dallas and Oklahoma on business. I spent the evening packing and picking up, as we are celebrating our anniversary out of town this weekend. As I type, I'm in a hotel room, awaiting his return from Dallas. :) I can't wait to see him again... Even 2 days feels like forever.

Our anniversary is on Sunday, and we celebrate our first year as husband and wife. I can't believe it has been a whole year since we were married. My goodness, time flies! We have really had a wonderful year, and sometimes I can't believe how much I love this man and that he is actually mine. It really is a wonderful feeling, though.

I won't be updating this weekend, but I promise, next week, I will have several things for you. I am also working on something fun, coming up in the next month or two... I'll tell you a little bit about it.

For New Year's this year, we went with several friends to New Orleans. Of the four newlywed couples on the trip, I was the only one whose husband did not complain about my cooking (or rather, lack thereof). When I started the blog a few weeks ago, I guess my friends started reading. (thank goodness!) One of the wives from the trip had a great idea, and I definitely think we will try it... She said we should all get together (and offered her house, too), and I could help them all make a full meal, start to finish. Then we can have the guys come over and eat the food (I doubt they'll complain about that end of the bargain). Then I can feature the recipes on the blog and include the photos from our evening!

I thought it was a super cute idea, and I really can't wait to try it out! I'm sure it will be tons of fun, and I'm sure that I will learn a few things along the way, as well as teaching them. What do you think? Let me know... I'd love to hear your opinion!!!!

Enjoy your weekend (I'll definitely be enjoying mine!), I'll be posting photos next week, and you'll get a slew of new recipes coming up!

Xoxo
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment