Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chicken with Lemon and Garlic

Right after my hubby and I bought our home and had finished furnishing and painting the place, we invited our parents over for a home-cooked meal by yours truly. I was petrified. What the heck should I make? How could I be sure it would be good? So I went with something simple and straightforward, with ingredients I knew everyone would enjoy. 
It was super easy, and the chicken came out the way my father-in-law likes it - "con color".  

Last night I wasn't feeling so hot, so I decided to do something I knew and could finish quickly. This time, I changed it up and instead of doing chicken breast strips, which meant I would have to cut up the chicken, I used whole chicken thighs, since I had them defrosted already. It was very full of flavor, and I was done cooking it, including prep and everything, in under 20 minutes.  (You can't say that's not fast!) Definitely a great weeknight meal, and one that I know I'll be repeating again. 



Chicken with Lemon and Garlic






Ingredients
5 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper
Directions
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Stir in the chicken, onion, garlic, and paprika over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.

Once cooked, add the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot, and enjoy!


Adapted from Best Ever 30-minute Cookbook by Jenni Fleetwood


Xoxo, 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment